Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

The great southern metropolis of Charlotte got its first winter event of the year this week, which mostly included ice. I had an adventuresome drive into work on Tuesday... okay, full disclosure- I made Zach drive me in. In the three years that my blog has been dead, I had a particularly nasty wreck involving me trying to drive on ice, so I have been a chicken ever since. Zach, however, would drive up Mount Everest and not think twice.


Anyway, the one thing that I learned from this experience is that dachshunds hate going outside to pee in ice even more than they hate doing it in rain/snow. Also, people from Charlotte can't drive. But I knew that already. 

Before all of the winter weather, my dad and I took the dogs for a walk, although I should actually say that Flynn took him for a walk because that would be more accurate. Then, I posted this picture on Facebook and about 100 women commented on it:



Clearly, my dad needs to borrow the dogs so that he can pick up more ladies. Flynn is an expert with the ladies. Toby, not so much... he lacks charisma. And he wears his harness on the outside of his sweater...who does that? 

I have recently been trying Quest bars because they seem to be all the rage, especially if you heat them up. People say they taste like cookies, but to me they mostly taste like warm protein bars. They are okay, though, considering they have 20g of protein and are relatively low calorie (and gluten-free, so I can't complain). I am not really sure where I was going with that, but if you were wondering about those, you're welcome. Try the chocolate flavor- it's the best. 

In other nutritional news, tonight we made this awesome and easy recipe- bacon wrapped chicken! I loosely followed some recipe that I found online (this one?), but basically what you do is this:

Ingredients:
-3lbs chicken tenderloins
-pack of bacon
-garlic powder
-salt
-pepper
-other seasoning to taste (but don't taste the raw chicken)
-1/2 cup brown sugar

Coat the chicken tenderloins with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and whatever other spices you like. Wrap the chicken tenderloins with one piece of bacon each, then roll the whole thing in brown sugar. Bake at 400F for about 30-40 minutes. You can't go wrong with bacon. 


Told you guys I was a grade-A food photographer. That was about half the chicken. It makes a lot of food, it is quick and easy (for lazy people like me), and it is sooo good. Go make it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment