Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Whiny Wednesday

1. It has been pouring here since yesterday. I am not sure where our beautiful 70-degree blue skies weather went, but it has been replaced with 40-degree monsoon season. It is really helping me with  my horrible case of senioritis. Really. Anyway, I was walking back from class when this nice gentleman in a giant pickup truck drove through a puddle next to me going 50 miles per hour. I ended up looking about like this:

Source

And yes, I did look just as beautiful as that cat there.

2. My physical therapist retired this week...I didn't even know he was retiring until he told me my session yesterday would be my last with him. It made me irrationally sad. I guess when you trust someone with your recovery and then they disappear, it makes your recovery feel much farther away and less definite. I haven't run in 3 months now, and I am going crazy.

3. Speaking of physical therapy, yesterday I was allowed to do the walking machine for 10 minutes and then the bike for 10, but something apparently didn't go over well with my knees because they were both extremely swollen last night... as swollen as they were three months ago. Once again, really feeling like recovery is not going so great.

Source


4. Okay, onto more interesting topics... like this guy who decided to take on the TSA by...getting naked? I mean, granted, that is pretty much what they do to you. But still.

"When interviewed about his actions, Mr. Brennan stated he flies (sic) a lot and had disrobed as a form of protest against TSA screeners who he felt were harassing him." Read more...

 I guess that's one way to stick it to the man. And get arrested and categorized as a sex offender for the rest of your life.

5. This is not whining, but I think for graduation we are all going to decorate our hats as elements of the periodic table. Mine will naturally be Ag (silver) for my initials. Also, I really like silver (hint hint, Zach).

Source

It even weighs the same as I do... except that minor discrepancy in the units. See? Me and silver have a lot in common. We both also have the same number of valence electrons (okay, now I am just making things up).

But enough of the nerd-talk. In all reality, I am just super excited to be graduating, even if it is very likely that I will face plant trying to walk across the stage in heels. And possibly fall off the stage, depending on how lucky I am. Be prepared for copious amounts of cap and gown pictures in a few weeks.


If you were an element, what would you be? And for those of you that aren't total nerds, did you decorate your graduation caps too? 

2 comments:

  1. I walked the stage in 4 inch heels and survived, I was terrified though. Haha I think everyone is!! Walk slow and enjoy the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its ok, i face planted wearing heels walking down the aisle at my best friends wedding. you will survive, even if you fall :)

    ReplyDelete